BSW Student Scholarship (for Senior Year)
The National Association of Social Workers (NASW) Colorado Chapter continues to focus on the future of social work and the need to recruit more social workers into the profession. In keeping with this goal, the NASW Student Scholarship Fund was established in 2017 to support students in their education and pursuit of careers in social work. This year the NASW Student Scholarship Fund will be awarding $1,150 to two scholarship recipients. Applications for the 2020 Scholarship Package can must be received by January 15, 2020.
Application forms can be downloaded here.
Eligibility Criteria (No Exceptions):
- Current resident of Colorado (MUST INCLUDE verification by tax form; driver’s license; utility bill).
- Attend a CSWE accredited social work program (or applying for accreditation) full-time or part-time:
- In person at a campus physically located in Colorado OR
- Online at a Colorado-based university.
- BSW student who will be a senior at the start of the Summer 2020 or Fall 2020 school year.
- Application and all application materials must be submitted by January 15, 2020.
- Applicants are required to submit an application form and accompanying materials via email to email@example.com. All forms and accompanying materials should be submitted as attachments in the email.
- Incomplete or late application packages will not be considered.
Application Materials To Be Submitted:
- A signed scholarship application form.
- A copy of an unofficial transcript from the past two trimesters or semesters.
- One signed and dated professional letter of recommendation from an NASW member, university faculty member, or employer.
- A simple resume including work history, volunteer experience, internships, etc.
- In a biographical essay of 600-1200 words include your statement of need and/or merit; explain why you are applying for this scholarship; and describe your life experiences ~ tell us about who you are and why you are interested in being a social worker.
- The NASW-CO Scholarship Selection Committee will make the final selection of scholarship recipients.
- The Committee encourages candidates from diverse backgrounds including non-traditional students and may also consider these factors:
- Financial need
- Academic performance
- Community involvement, volunteer work
- Personal story
- Future plans and goals
- Scholarship Award Stipulations for the Recipient:
- In order to award the Scholarship, we will require your full name as it appears on your School Student ID; School Student ID Number; and Current Student Mailing Address.
- We will also need the full name of School POC that should receive the Scholarship Check (for deposit) and full mailing address. Scholarship checks are not made out to students, they are made out to the schools for deposit in school accounts.
- The scholarship award may be subject to income tax. Please check with a tax advisor on this matter. NASW Colorado Chapter does not assume any liability to scholarship recipients for these awards.
Application Deadline: January 15, 2020
Scholarship Award Notification: by February 28, 2020
Scholarship Check Issued: by April 1, 2020