Executive Director - NASW Colorado Chapter
National Association of Social Workers – Colorado Chapter
The Colorado Chapter of the National Association of Social Workers (NASW), with a statewide membership of 1,700, is seeking a full-time Executive Director with demonstrated leadership and management skills. In addition, applicants should have a substantial knowledge of and a strong commitment to the social work profession and social work values, with an awareness of the diversity of social work practice. Applicants should also be able to engage, inspire, and mobilize the Association’s membership. NASW is the largest membership organization of professional social workers in the world, with over100,000 members nationwide. NASW works to enhance the professional growth and development of its members, to create and maintain professional standards, and to advance sound social policies. The Chapter Executive Director reports to the NASW Deputy Director of Chapter Operations at the National Office and is accountable to the Colorado Chapter Board of Directors.
- Senior leadership experience working with professional or non-profit organizations and their volunteer Boards in a professional office environment
- Minimum of 5 years of executive level experience
- Four-year college degree required; MSW preferred
- Exceptional executive management skills, including the ability to provide oversight for organizational and leadership development priorities, and staff supervision
- Demonstrated budget and financial management skills
- Solid continuing education program planning and implementation skills
- Strong public policy experience and skills
- Strong advocacy and legislative experience and skills
- Experience in membership services
- Community organizing experience
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills
- Experience working with traditional and social media in professional settings
- Commitment to providing excellent membership support and engagement
- Proficient with Office products software, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, as well as working in the online/“cloud” environment
The Chapter office is located in Denver. This position requires travel as an essential function of the job. The role expects the executive director to provide their own means of transportations to attend meetings and activities throughout the state.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience plus excellent benefits, including 401k and health insurance.
Application deadline: January 8, 2021
Applicants will email a cover letter and résumé, addressing above qualifications, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NASW offers reasonable accommodation during the application process for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance during the application or interview process and in completing new hire paperwork to accommodate a disability, please email requests to: email@example.com
NASW-CO is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a policy of equal opportunity and non-discrimination. Applicants from diverse communities are encouraged to apply.