What is Included with Registration?
- 6.5 hour comprehensive virtual workshop with Dawn Apgar
- Hard copy and electronic “Social Work Licensing Exam Guide” (Third Edition) for the relevant social work exam you are preparing for from Springer Publishing - $99 value!
- Contains material for the ASWB exam blueprint, including new content added in 2015.
- Invaluable tips for how to read the questions, overcome test anxiety, avoid common pitfalls, and assess one’s learning style which helps foster exam confidence.
- Includes a practice test (with explanations of correct answers) that mirrors the exam.
- 6 months of access to ExamPrepConnect, a robust Social Work Licensure Learning Management System. This comes with:
- A full copy of the electronic exam guide for your exam category from Springer Publishing (Contains material for the ASWB exam blueprint).
- The ability to build a customized study plan, Flashcards, and other study tools.
- A discussion board with full access to the author and others who are studying for the exam.
- Online learning community where you can connect virtually with other people who are studying for the exam.
- Additional test-taking tips and strategies.
In response to the 2022 data release confirming racial disparities inherent to the ASWB exam, we are offering an opportunity for NASW members to apply for a scholarship to cover the cost of this course. To apply for a scholarship, please fill out this short form.
Important Course Details
- Open to those preparing for their clinical or non-clinical social work exam (Clinical, Masters, Advanced Generalist*, & Bachelors* exams (*these types of exams are not accepted for licensure in Colorado))
- Class size is limited to a total of 60 attendees, 30 of which will be initially reserved for CO residents.
- Attendees will be emailed the Zoom link and access to the online training platform 7 days prior to the event.
- When registering you must select which exam you are preparing for and you will receive in the mail the book you selected. The training is nonrefundable once the book is received. There are no exchanges of books once they are shipped.
- You MUST have your webcam on for the entirety of the course. This course’s materials are copyrighted and given the nature of exam prep content, we are taking every step to ensure the course content’s fidelity. It is also beneficial to both instructor and attendee to engage in the course via webcam.
About the Trainer
Dawn Apgar, Ph.D, LSW, ACSW, and author of social work exam guides by Springer Publishing
Dawn Apgar has helped thousands of social workers across the country pass the ASWB examination in all categories of licensure and has written the exam guides printed by Springer Publishing. Dr. Apgar has done extensive research on licensure and has served as chairperson of the New Jersey Board of Social Work Examiners. She is a past president of the New Jersey Chapter of NASW and has been on its National Board of Directors. In 2014, NASW-NJ presented her with a Lifetime Achievement Award. Dr. Apgar has taught in both undergraduate and graduate social work programs and has extensive direct practice, policy, and management experience in the social work field.